Sunday, March 21, 2010

SOMETHING TO THINK ABOUT


After two weeks on Medifast, I have lost a total of 16 pounds. That may not seem like very much but let's put that into something to think about. The 16 pounds of body weight that I have lost is the equivalent of having melted 64 sticks of butter off my body. When I try to visualize 64 sticks of butter then it gives me a better idea of what I have lost because I cannot see what fat looks like but now I can visualize what is melting off my obese body.

I know it sounds gross but if you ponder it for a few minutes it is exactly what I am doing on Medifast. I am melting away fat!!! I have a lot more fat to lose but now I am confident that I can do it!!!

Here is another gross thought. For every 5 lbs a person is overweight -- that is how many 5 lb bags of sugar they are lugging around with no help of a grocery cart to push the sugar around in. Imagine a person being 200 lbs overweight. That means that person is lugging around 40 (forty) 5 lb bags of sugar just glued to their body with no help of a shopping cart to help push or carry it around. Their poor aching muscles and bones must be so tired!

The fact is that for every 1 pound of body weight lost that relieves the body of 4 (four) pounds of pressure. That is the truth of the matter. If a person loses 20 pounds they have lost 80 pounds of pressure. YOU do the math!

With either one of the analogies used above, the sad truth is I have A LOT more weight to lose. However, the reality is that I now know I can achieve this as long as I stick to the Medifast plan and do this journey one meal at a time -- ONE DAY AT A TIME!!!

I'm eager to break free so I can be THIN AGAIN IN 2010!!!

~MJ

3 comments:

Jamie Hersel said...

Hi, found your blog and enjoy reading it. I just started the program yesterday. So far so good. You mentioned Facebook. Are you learning recipes and ideas on there? I wondered if you could send me a link to your Facebook Medifast friends? Maybe I could gain some knowledge. My struggle is I am a shift worker. I am an RN and work 12's. On my first night I am up 24 hours. Then sleep all the next day. Have many days in a row of normal but those few in a row when I work I know are going to mess me up. I have 50 pounds to lose. Anyhow great job on your weight loss! I am proud of you

Judi Kail said...

WOW, what a helpful website. Reading about the butter and sugar really helps me. I started at 262 and now am 231. I printed out the charts for my weight and measurements just to give me more motivation. I didn't realize what a big difference there has been, even though I now wear two sizes smaller in my clothes. Thanks for your comments. I think I need to work more on a log and maybe website.

Mary Jane said...

I'm glad you ladies like my blog. :) The butter picture and sugar analogy really put it into perspective, huh? LOL

I do get on a Medifast group in Facebook but I do not have the link to it at this moment. I will send it to you, Jamie, as soon as I get the link to it. There are over 2,000 MFer's in there and we all support and encourage one another. I think you will find it helpful and enjoy it.

TTYL,
MJ

About Me

Followers