Saturday, March 6, 2010

Day #2 on Take Shape for Life (Medifast)

Well, today was Day #2 and I feel pretty good. No headaches and just a little tired but I didn't get a full nights sleep. I tried the Cappucino which was delicious! I'm trying to make my first meal soy-free due to thyroid medication. Mid-morning I tried the Maple & Brown Sugar oatmeal, which I thought was good. I added just a sprinkle of cinnamon. For lunch I had the Beef Stew and so far I haven't been ecstatic with the soups but a little pepper and fat free parmesan helps. I have never been a big salt person so I am trying to avoid using bouillon because of the sodium content. Everyone in my Facebook discussion keep raving about the chicken noodle soup so I swapped my plans for a bar to the soup instead. Same as the stew -- it was OK but pepper and FF parmesan improved it. I love homemade chicken noodle soup and beef stew so I shouldn't be surprised that I feel "OK" about these meals. Obviously, a meal replacement is not going to taste like homemade. I'm hoping to make a L&G soup with Shirataki in the future but for now I am sticking to the Medifast foods and easy L&G meals. For dinner I had ground turkey made into a taco meat and had a very delicious taco salad. A chocolate pudding for my last meal of the day and that was pretty yummy. :)

I have been focusing on doing this program as it is written so I may "BREAK FREE" from this morbid obesity. I am so tired of being a slave to food and my willingness to do this program is making me smile right now as I write this blog. I am so happy that I found this program and like the meals. This food is to nourish my body so I can not only be thin again in 2010 but to retrain me on how to view food and use it as a means for nourishment not overindulgence and something to abuse.

Thank you Medifast and thank you, Sue (my health coach)!!!

~MJ

3 comments:

Bebedores do Gondufo said...

Good.

skinnyhollie said...

Hey, MJ! I found you via Facebook, and we started on the same day! Let's do this thing!You can find my blog at www.skinnyhollie.com. I've been blogging about weight loss for a while.

MJ said...

We can do this, Hollie! I know we can!!! I hope you are enjoying your vacation!!!

About Me

Followers