Tuesday, June 29, 2010

REMEMBER: This too shall pass ...

BELOW IS A "COMMENT" I LEFT ON A FRIEND'S BLOG ... I'VE COPIED AND PASTED IT BELOW SO FOLKS WHO FOLLOW MY BLOG CAN LEARN WHAT HAPPENED ...

Lyn,

I applaud you!!! I recently went on vacation and knew before I started Medifast I was going to be on "vacation" from my diet in June.

Let me tell you, I didn't binge but I had a lot of the "WRONG" foods. I couldn't eat everything on my plate (as you predicted would happen when you wrote this blog).

I must admit that I gained 4.8 lbs that week. I came home, got back on Medifast and lost 5.2 lbs in the first 3 days and I'm still losing.

HOWEVER, all I have thought about since I've been home is if I gained 4.8 lbs that quickly -- what the heck am I gonna do when I get to the transition phase?

OK -- I will admit that TOM was a factor that week but I still didn't like how I felt!!! I couldn't wait to get home (FROM VACATION) so I could get back on plan! That's sad when you want to get back home from vacation!!!

I was nerved up over my son's wedding and I didn't eat much at the wedding but I did have a piece of the wedding cake and that was the probably the best off program thing I had the entire the trip.

ALL the things I had that was off plan using the "only these foods are in my home town" excuse didn't even taste as good as I hoped they would. OK, they smelled good and tasted good but I hated how I felt after I ate them!!!

The lesson learned here is that I still have a long way to go on this journey. Not only the amount of weight I need to lose but my "relationship with food" has a long way to go, too!!!

God bless you for having gotten through your planned binge. As they say, "This too shall pass!" and for you it did.

Your little one is in my thoughts and prayers!!!

MJ

2 comments:

Mom to the Fourth Power said...

It's that whole relationship with food bit that I worry about too...
Something to always be working out I suppose. :)
~Margene

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that I came across your blog. It's good to see another person who finds it important to stay fit and healthy. I have lost over 125 lbs. myself and will be featured in the November 2010 issue of Shape magazine. This is VERY exciting for me! Anyway, my blog is located at www.LauraGetsFit.com if you'd like to check it out. I added your blog to follow, so feel free to follow mine as well. I look forward to reading more of your journey. Take care! <3 Laura

About Me

Followers